Thursday 2 April 2015

I have part of a plan

So, at some point on Saturday I leave for China. Which means, given tomorrow is a public holiday, I should really be sorted by now right? HA! I have found my suitcase, and put some socks in there. But that is as far as I have gotten. Good start.

Two weeks I will be spending in Guangzhou with the seven students who were brave enough (and could get the money) to experience a new culture. The programme looks very busy, but hopefully I will have time to get to the great wall and check off another thing on the list. Either way, it is going to be a busy trip. Hopefully nothing goes pear-shaped, I've had enough of that sort of carry on.

End of term one. Boy am I glad for that, even though it has been a short one it has sure been a mission. Almost the whole time I felt like I was on the back foot. Partly my own fault by taking too much on, partly not. Still, when term two rolls around it will be time to start again with some classes. Seems two weeks is too much for them to remember shit.

Fire brigade is going well. Been to a couple of call-outs and training has been progressing. Fitness has also been improving so hopefully I'll pass the saline challenge and get onto the recruit course soon enough.

SAR has been progressing slowly, needing to fit the courses into an already busy schedule and find the ones that are local. Still, what I have been to has been valuable experience.

Only have a couple of drives to get signed of as an ambulance driver, and spent a weekend as medic for the Homegrown festival. Was a lot of fun, some good OTJ experience and great music. Also, a medic Hi-vis is basically all access pass, got to go backstage and everything, no questions asked.

There is probably some more stuff that has happened that I've missed, which will happen when I'm slack and don't update often enough. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment