Wednesday 30 July 2008

And I am getting paid for this?

Third week in country and I am on the third of the roles I will be doing in the first phase of this op. We are finally getting out among the public and seeing how things are run here. Much more interesting than watching a prison or cleaning up after the others. One hiccup so far is that for some reason I am one of the few people with the right license to drive the boss around. I enjoy the driving but would rather be doing other things.

We got into the ocean a couple of times for a swim, rather fun having a jetty to jump off but it soon leads to stupid competitions like bombing, diving and creative jump styles. We also got out to play volleyball with some of the locals the other day which was great fun. Although it brought to light the fact that we need more practice in the game.

we have had a bit of downtime here, mostly it is filled with reading mens magazines and watching movies. It occurs to me that I may have underestimated the number of movies I should have brought. Luckily one of the other guys has lots too. Also discovered that there is nothing better after a hot day than a nice cool Gaytime. Golden Gaytime that is, the ice-creams we have in stock at base and the source of many a joke. Time to go and get ready for some more action.

No comments:

Post a Comment