Wednesday 15 October 2008

Week 13 – Rollin’ on the river

Funny how things work in the army, although by this stage I really shouldn’t be surprised. ¨You’re going to Mbambanakira for a month, no changes¨. Lo and behold, one week in and we get shifted to join the rest of the platoon at Avu avu. Bambam was a sweet gig, sleeping indoors, real plumbing, and occasional fresh food. Easy patrols. It wasn’t just a walk in the park though. While I was there I went on three patrols, one that included acting as security while the body of a baby was exhumed for investigation. The others in the patrol were not impressed that I could eat my lunch with the stench of a corpse in the air. We also got to do some mean whitewater rafting on an airbed which was great. But it was not to last. Avu avu here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment