Sunday 18 January 2009

Updating------------ update complete

I could not put it off any longer. After all these casual years, I have finally suited up. The school is starting a process of change and I decided it would be a good time for me to do the same. New country, new job, new Pete. Pete V3.0 has been effective these last 6 years or so, lets see how Pete V4.0 deals with the new challenges and adventures to be found over here.

The second week of school was grueling to say the least. I discovered at the moment I have 16 classes containing around 400 students. I do not know how the boys expect me to learn their names when they keep forgetting mine. So far I have had sir, mr sir, mr cahill, mr cardle and mr guns. A problem I am noticing is that the boys like me, probably due to being in the army. However the boys liking me does not mean they are any easier to control. They are a little scared of me as they think I can kill them with one hit, and rightly so. This can be funny, one boy accidentally hit me with a bit of paper and basically ran for his life, he could not have been more apologetic. Hopefully the new school policies and the new me will make it easier to control and teach the lads.

I have very nearly got myself a flat, a very nice apartment a quarter mile from the school. Huge tv, cable, wireless broadband and a cleaner, all for 150 pound a week. A bit more than I wanted to spend but I the pad is worth it. Supposed to be moving in next weekend, it will be good to have a place I can call my own finally. Hopefully my pay goes through on monday so I can afford it.

I still have not been out on the town here on a friday or saturday night, not really something you can do when living at someone else's place with small children. I have however been visiting a Irish pub every week or so and discovered I quite enjoy Magners Irish cider. Really do need to broaden my beer palette though, something to work on. Thinking of maybe going to London next weekend or the one after. maybe actually see the sights and take photos this time. Hoping to see the show, Avenue Q. If you have not heard of this it is basically Sesame Street with adult themes, sounds like a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment