Friday 31 July 2009

In Bruges

After about a 3 hour train journey from Calais arrived in Bruges. First thing that struck me was the number of bicycles outside the station. I wandered about the city looking for my hostel and who should I run into but one of the teachers from my old school. Spent a bit of time seeing the sights like the belfry, palaces, statues and windmills. Discovered at certain points around the city a funny smell, I think it has something to do with the canals. Stayed at St Christopher's Inn which was quite nice with a decent bar and tidy rooms. Only gripe here is the showers, you press the button and you get 5 seconds of water. Ended up going out on the town with the people from my room. That being an Aussie guy living in Holland, an Aussie girl living in Edinburgh, a guy from Spain and a guy from Brazil. also met two guys from California but they didn't have much sense of humour, so we ditched them. Went to the park where there was a bar and stage set up and had a good time drinking, yarning, and playing fooseball with a rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment