Thursday 7 August 2014

I do solemnly swear... again.

26th April 2013.
5th August 2014.


467 days.

That is how long it took to go from me completing my enlistment requirements to finally being attested back into the Army. But now it is done and I am officially part of the RNZAMC as a reserve medic. Next step is the CMT course so I can work as a medic.

In other news, my holiday to Stewart Island was very relaxing. I ended up doing all of my tours on the first day so took a bus tour of the islands (took 1 hour, there weren't many roads) and a water taxi to the bird sanctuary island. Here I wandered around, hearing all sorts of noisy birds and lo and behold, a snuffly big Kiwi rocked up through the undergrowth and came within 1 metre of me. Much bigger than I was expecting, but an amazing experience. The next day I went out fishing. After a while I got the hang of this deep sea fishing lark and was pretty much bringing up fish on each cast. Between the four of us we kept 32 after two hours. Not too shabby (although apparently that was a poor days fishing!)

I attended the National TKD championships, having not done nearly as much training as I wanted. Still, I managed to come away with a silver medal in Male 1-4th gup Heavyweight sparring as one very close fight and a second which wasn't as close but wasn't a whitewash either. So pretty proud of that.

I applied for a St John Ambulance volunteer position this month. Sounds like an interesting role with some unique situations. Plus will be good for enhancing my medical knowledge. Still no word from SAR though...


No comments:

Post a Comment