Saturday 1 March 2008

This isn't Peter, but I hear that guy's awesome

So it turns out i wasn't the one that overdrank on Friday night, that honour/disgrace goes to Simon. Not only did he have a couple of private moments with the fence to throw up, he also had to be carried home around 12:30, for shame. Overall my weekend in Palmy reminded me of what I am missing living in a small town. Yes I do miss it but if I was working in Palmy I would spend altogether to much time getting drunk so it is probably for the best.

So what else happened? Friday night, the aforementioned carrying of Simon, arguing with a girl over some burning issue like politics, democracy or the meaning of life, meeting a future soldier for the second time (strange that), and meeting a few old friends on the town. Overall town was quieter then I expected for the friday before uni.

Saturday night I decided to stay in Palmy again and was intending to crash a party which Simon was invited to. Before I continue you must understand this, I have lived in palmy for a long time. So is it really crashing a party when you know most people there? when I arrived at the party one of my mates from T-col walks out, turns out he and another t-col mate live there. I go inside and see my own flatmate, old vet friends and one of the guys from C Coy. Either I know too many people or Palmy is too small. Also made some new friends then headed into town. This night was more like I was expecting. Walking into the Empty Vessel, the best way to describe it would be oppressive. Stinking hot and barely room to move. I am getting too old for this shit. Still, was a good night again seeing more old friends, jumping the queue at the Vessel and once again outdrinking Simon (You have to actually finish the drink boy).

Sunday I returned home with most of my stuff via Hawera where I stopped in at a friends Birthday brunch. didn't stay long though which was probably for the best as I missed out on having to sing and being mobbed by the birthday girl's sisters (not as great as it sounds, trust me). Then of course I got straight into planning for my week and getting on top of all the chores. Yeah, right.

This week at school, once again a mixed bag. Sports day on Wednesday was a highlight as I got to sit on a reclining beach chair and supervise a game. Hopefully I also managed to impart some wisdom upon the future leaders of this country at some point during the week as well. This weekend, should be a quiet one. Should get some work done too. Unless of course I go to the rodeo, the relay for life, out boozing, out rowing, or any of a further dozen distractions that may come up. Only time will tell my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment