Sunday 29 November 2009

There's no meat in this pie...

Hmm, nearly a month since I last updated. Okay, starting at the beginning. Halloween was fun, I was pretty drunk though. Drinking Whiskey out of a stein and thought it would be a good idea to have it on the rocks. It wasn't. I saw some pretty cool costumes, some lame ones, and lots of guys as superheroes with padded muscles. Also, I somehow managed to lose my Solomons armband. This caused me a great deal of confusion as I would of had to have taken it off to lose it. Unfortunately the amount I drank meant I had little chance of figuring that mystery out. Still, a good start to the month nonetheless.

Didn't do Guy Fawkes's this year. Didn't need to, the week surrounding it the sky around my place was light up regularly. Don't really know why people waited so late for though. Sure back home we do but thats because it doesn't get dark for us until after ten. I also figured out what the UFO I saw earlier in the year was. It was a flying lantern like we sell at work. I saw lots about that week.

In biking to work I see many morons about. Mothers who have their kids strung out across the pavement, cars giving way to pedestrians in dangerous situations. Oh, and people parking across the flow of traffic. Can not believe this isn't illegal here. I see cars crossing the main road at rush hour to park on the other side. Morons. Also, Winter is showing itself. The sun stays low and it doesn't get very warm. Already wearing my ski mask, pretty soon I will be wearing my snow gloves.

This last week I did an experiment with my Skins compression top and longs. Previously I had been wearing them to the gym and when running. Very handy for keeping warm and dry. This week I wore them pretty much all the time and discovered they still smelled good. Definitely a good piece of kit. I was wearing them under my gym gear at the gym, lots of people mistaking them for tattoos. Come people, it's digicam. Who would get that as a full-body tattoo.

I am still not enjoying being poor. I haven't really been out since Halloween. Far less than I did as a teacher. And there are very few if any teaching jobs nearby which really sucks. Hopefully some people quit before Christmas. Speaking of, I am actually looking forward to Christmas like I haven't done since I was a kid. I guess it is because here it is the Christmas of TV, with the winter, the food, the decorations, etc. Hopefully I also have a bit of money then so I can enjoy it. Oh, but what is the deal with mincemeat pies? I had one the other day expecting a tasty savory treat. Oh no, these are sweet fruity things. My co-workers had a good laugh at my expense over that. What I have been enjoying recently is the Nintendo Wii. I hooked up my flatmate's' one a week or two a go. I only have Wii sports but it is still a lot of fun. Although I am not impressed when it tells me my Wii fitness age is 52. Stupid golf game.

This Friday I get to tick of another of my 100 list. Eddie Izzard live at Wembley Stadium. My seat isn't fantastic but it should still be a funny show. Going to top it off with a night out on the town. The usual game, have some drinks, meet some people, tell some stories, see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment