Sunday 31 January 2010

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity.

January draws to a close, two weeks remain until half-term break, the bank account is filling up nicely, the days are getting longer, and the weather is improving. Life is good.

Still, I should really explain the last two weeks. The week beginning on the 18th was pretty laid-back, it being my light week and all. I got all of my planing sorted through to the end of the term, learnt a few more of my students names, and finished the week off with a few drinks of the Friday night and saw Sherlock Holmes on Saturday. I thought it was pretty good but I haven't read the books so had no reference there. Nice action and intelligent humour, although the demonstrations of his deductive reasoning seemed geared towards your typical American movie-goer.

This week was full-on in comparison. Started the week with a busy day then went to the pub after the gym for game night. Tuesday was year nine parents evening and I saw bout 20 parents, trying to explain to them pathways which I barely understand (3 is top set, 1 is bottom. How does that make sense?), and the difference between double and triple science (No, double does not they only do two of either chemistry, biology, or physics). Wednesday night saw me taking the train in to London just to take it back out to Hertford (an hour train journey which is 30 minutes by car). All just so I could have a couple of pints in a car while reading my book then getting a card photocopied. Today I Bought myself some new suits to mix up my look a bit and then went to the Galleria with a view to seeing a movie but upon arriving discovered there was nothing good on until late so I walked the ~5km home.

As for my Sunday, revision is on the cards. I really need to get my chemistry down so that my older students can not stump me with questions I am unable to answer. I should probably do some cleaning as well. Oh and also, a cunning plan is brewing. More details once it is put into action.

No comments:

Post a Comment