Sunday 10 January 2010

Beginnings

Spent New Years Eve at O'Neills as planned, had maybe a bit more whiskey then sensible, but still, had a pretty good night. 2010 started off pretty well with clear weather but very cold. Cold that continued to the new term and has meant that I had two days work before the school was closed due to snow. Since the school closed the temperature hasn't risen above 0.

Kings Langley School is pretty good, the students are pretty well behaved, if a bit talkative and the staff and friendly and easy going. I even have my own laptop and classroom, more or less. The commute isn't too bad either. takes 30 minutes with one of the other science staff giving me a lift. Still, I should probably reserve judgment until I have spent more than two days there.

You would think I would enjoy a five day weekend, but with snow everywhere makes it hard to get anything done. Hopefully this cold weather eases soon so I can get things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment