Saturday 19 April 2008

Mission complete

A grey clouds falls over WHS as I take my leave, everything will change until nothing remains. So yes, I have completed my tour at Waitara and am now officially on holiday, although I do still get paid through to the end of the holidays which is great. I wanted to make a memorable exit so I spoilt the junior classes with candy and shouted my year 13's KFC. I also had a couple of demonstrations planned however these did not go off as planned. Although the trial thermite demo worked when I did the actual one I couldn't initiate the reaction. Also my sodium demo was a fizzer, literally. Bloody Murphy's law. However I did the sodium demo last period with my year 9 class and it worked much better than expected. Better as in, exploded with such force the ceiling was wet, the glass bowl shattered and I am still trying to remove glass shards from my hand and arm. Certainly went out with a bang didn't I? Although I am still trying to convince myself it's over, doesn't really feel like holidays yet.

Went to watch the student's Shakespeare performance at the festival on Wednesday night. Took the bike and nearly got run over as some stupid cow didn't know how to look before entering an intersection. The festival was pretty good, although I did get roped into being doorman for it. Of the performances I did see, I thought our two were definitely in the top three, but neither won first. Then I got my first real night riding experience as I tried to beat the stupid 10pm curfew on learner licence bikers going at the stupid 70kmh learner licence speed limit. Stupid rules. Time to get some more practice in and find a course that will cut the time limit down before restricted methinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment