Monday 7 April 2008

Pridem: painkiller

The wandering soldier returns from another weekend training unbeaten and weary. Live fire this time which made for interesting times however nothing got shot that wasn't supposed to so all good. However we did face an enemy we had not anticipated, the dreaded thistle bush. Seriously, my body is covered with tiny wounds where the buggers got in under my uniform and then rubbed for the rest of the exercise. We practiced section assaults and jungle lanes and I managed to cut down a branch with a burst of automatic fire. Then someone decided it would be a good idea for us to walk along the ridgeline to the pick up point. A good half dozen or so kilometres later and we roll up to the truck, blistered, dehydrated and tired but otherwise fine.

Only got out on short cruises on the bike this week due to kayaking and other stuff getting in the way, however getting more and more comfortable with the lil beast. Still haven't thought of a name for her though. Kayaking is going well, got 5 days left before the gutbuster and no longer have to do the run which makes things easier. Had better get out a few times this week and practice. I went to the Mole on wednesday night to watch Joe Morton play some music at open mic night. It was reasonably busy for a wednesday and there were some very talented musicians there, especially since I was expecting it to be, well, not so much. Oh, and Joe was pretty good too with a good range of music played. If I was sticking around in this town I might have made it a regular thing.

School wasn't too bad this week. I mean, I had the usual scallywags giving me grief but overall it was good. Plus I now only have ten days of work left, haven't started counting the hours yet though but it won't be far away. I'm sure I can survive the ten days I have left, I mean, how hard can it be? (Famous last words).

No comments:

Post a Comment