Sunday 16 August 2009

Bumbling around Barcelona

Finally got to Barcelona after many small train journeys. It was very hot here and given that it was the first Saturday of the European holidays, very busy. I got in around 9pm and went straight to the hostel to wash. Then went out for some food and drink. Even though it was around 11 at night the place was still busy, although I only managed to find 2 actual pubs where I could get a drink. At the first, an Australian pub, I asked for a whiskey and coke and got a Carlsberg instead. go figure. I ended up deciding to call it an early night as I only had a few hours the next morning before I would have to catch my train. It was a shame as I think this place doesn't really get started until after midnight. Not that I was in any shape to go clubbing, what with having no shoes and all.

The next morning I had a free hostel breakfast and probably my first real breakfast of my trip. Then I spent 2 hours cramming in the sights of Barcelona before heading for the train station. The girl at the ticket office had lied to me. I spent an hour waiting for the first train to France. Now I am in the middle of the ordeal of making it to Paris when all of the direct and overnight trains are full.

No comments:

Post a Comment