Thursday 6 August 2009

Having a ball in Vienna

An amazing city, one day was not enough to see a fraction of it. I got here late in the day and went to my hostel, Meininger. A very flash place, the 4-bed dorm was fully equipped with couch, tv, shower, toilet and phone. It even had curtains around the bunks. I attempted to go on the Travelshack pub crawl but they didn't get enough numbers. Still, 12 Euro got me an hour free drinking, a free shot and a 8 Euro voucher. Funny thing I noticed, lots of Australian pubs in Austria, a bit of an oddity. Still, it was nice to have some (near enough) familiar atmosphere. I was going to call it a night as I started to come down with a migraine, however after getting lost trying to find the hostel I took some painkillers and it went away. I went back to the Travelshack and met up with 2 girls and a guy from Ireland, a Chinese guy and 2 Swedish guys. I went with them to a decent club with a free drink on entry (but no cover charge?). We got things started on the dance floor, then one of the Irish girls nicked a bottle of vodka from a second empty bar, sneaky bitch did it twice! Still, made for a great night. After leaving the club I found myself talking to 2 girls from Germany, then got lost after showing them the bus stop they needed when trying to find the hostel again, finally got in at 6am, 3.5 hours sleep and I was off to explore Vienna by day.

What did I find? some amazing and varied architecture, lots of beautiful women, and a strange amusement park that seemed trapped in time. Vienna is definitely somewhere on the return to list though.

No comments:

Post a Comment